Change of Season Herbal Soup Packet 季节变换 / 季節變換
The change of season from temperate summer to frosty winter is often fraught with colds, runny noses, flu, and generally feeling under the weather. Change of Season Herbal Soup enhances the immune system and improves resistance to cold and flu.
This formula also harmonizes and balances the body and mind to help cope with stress, which may often occur during changes manifesting through symptoms of fatigue, lack of appetite, and/or diarrhea.
Astragalus Root (Bei Qi / Huang Qi, 北芪)
Codonopsis Root (Dang Shen, 党参)
Chinese Yam Rhizome (Shan Yao / Huai Shan, 山药 / 淮山)
Goji Berries (Gou Qi Zi, 枸杞字)
Total weight: 102g
THE HERBS EXPLAINED
Astragalus Root (Bei Qi / Huang Qi, 北芪) - Supporting deficient Spleen Qi and tonifying the Lungs, this herb prevents frequent colds, shortness of breath, and digestive issues like fatigue, lack of appetite, and diarrhea. It also augments the Wei Qi (protective Qi) akin to our immune system to stabilize and prevent external pathogens from entering the body.
Codonopsis Root (Dang Shen, 党参) - Like many other herbs in this formula, Codonposis Root (Dang Shen) eases digestive upsets such as lack of appetite, fatigue, diarrhea due to Spleen deficiency. This herb tonifies the Middle and augments the Qi. It also tonifies the Lung to ease chronic cough, shortness of breath, and sputum due to Lung and Spleen Qi deficiency.
Chinese Yam Rhizome (Shan Yao / Huai Shan, 山药 / 淮山) - This herb strengthens and tonifies the Lung Qi and augments the Lung Yin to ease chronic cough due to Lung deficiency. It also eases digestive upset such as diarrhea, fatigue, and lack of appetite by tonifying and augmenting the Spleen and Stomach in cases of deficiency.
Goji Berries (Gou Qi Zi, 枸杞字) - Commonly known for its high antioxidant and vitamin content necessary for immunity, this herb enriches blood, tonifies the Liver and Kidneys, and moistens and enriches Lung Yin to prevent cough.
- 4-5 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- (Vegetarian alternative) 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms soaked in hot water for 5-10 mins
- 6-8 cups water
- A cinnamon stick for additional flavour (optional)
(Alternatively, cook only the herbs without adding chicken or shitake mushrooms to prepare as a tea!)
1. Gently rinse the herbs.
2. Parboil 4-5 chicken drumsticks or thighs, skin on for about 5 minutes and discard the water. Rinse the chicken to clean off any lingering scum.
3. Add the meat/mushrooms, and entire herb packet except Goji Berries into 6-8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You may need to occasionally skim off the scum, but parboiling the meat should prevent this.
4. Add Goji Berries at the end and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt to taste, and enjoy hot or warm!
(Alternatively, cook only the herbs without adding chicken or shitake mushrooms to prepare as a tea)
Each batch of this soup is 4 servings, and can be consumed 1-2 times over a number of days.
To be taken 2 weeks before the change of season, and can be taken throughout winter.
Always drink warm or hot!
Consult your TCM practitioner if pregnant or breastfeeding. This product is not intended to replace your practitioner. It is intended for general well-being and does not involve the diagnosing, prognosticating, or prescribing of medicine for any disease.
Sugar, Caffeine, Artificial Flavours, Food Colouring, or Preservatives