Si Wu Herbal Soup Packet 四物汤 / 四物湯 (Sibut Tang - Blood Support)
Based on the formula “Si Wu Tang”, this herbal soup formula helps strengthen the body and improve blood circulation for those experiencing symptoms of PMS pain, blood deficiency, blood stagnation, and menstrual irregularity.
Particularly beneficial for the week after menstruation to replenish and nourish blood. Also beneficial for postpartum care. This formula is not limited to those who experience menstruation, but for all that need nourishment and invigoration for their blood.
Chinese Angelica Root (Dang Gui, 当归片)
Cooked Rehmannia Root (Shu Di Huang, 熟地)
Szechuan Lovage Rhizome (Chuan Xiong, 川芎)
White Peony Root (Bai Shao, 白芍)
Total weight: 86g
THE HERBS EXPLAINED
Chinese Angelica Root (Dang Gui, 当归片) - Featured in many formulas related to menstruation, this herb “tunes up” the blood especially in cases of blood deficiency and stasis. This herb enriches the blood and promotes blood circulation to regulate menstruation and alleviate pain from stasis.
Cooked Rehmannia Root (Shu Di Huang, 熟地) - An important herb for Yin nourishment, and replenishes the raw material (Jing) that aids in improving sex drive and boosting fertility. It is also a tonifier of the blood in cases of blood deficiency with symptoms of irregular menstruation,
Szechuan Lovage Rhizome (Chuan Xiong, 川芎) - Known for its Qi moving properties, this herb is largely used to relieve pain as a result of blood stasis or Qi stagnation. Commonly used to aid gynaecological issues such as menstrual pain, amenorrhea, and irregular menstruation (especially when paired with Chinese Angelica Root).
White Peony Root (Bai Shao, 白芍) - This herb relaxes muscles and alleviates menstrual cramping and pain due to deficient Liver blood. It also regulates menstruation in cases of blood deficiency.
- 4-5 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- (Vegetarian alternative) 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms soaked in hot water for 5-10 mins
- 6-8 cups water
- 2-3 large carrots (optional)
- handful of Goji berries (optional)
1. Gently rinse the herbs.
2. Parboil 4-5 chicken drumsticks or thighs, skin on for about 5 minutes and discard the water. Rinse the chicken to clean off any lingering scum.
3. Add the meat/mushrooms, carrots (if using), and entire herb packet into 6-8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You may need to occasionally skim off the scum, but parboiling the meat should prevent this.
4. If using goji berries, add at the end and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt to taste, and enjoy hot or warm!
Each batch of this soup is 4 servings, and can be consumed 1-2 times over a number of days.
Always drink warm or hot!
This herbal soup formula should not be consumed during menstruation or during any serious bleeding, as well as during cold, flu, or fever. This formula promotes blood circulation and may lead to more blood loss. It is best taken the week after menstruation to nourish and strengthen the body. The nature of this remedy is also warming and nourishing and may not be suitable during flu and fever.
Consult your TCM practitioner if pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children. This product is not intended to replace your practitioner. It is intended for general well-being and does not involve the diagnosing, prognosticating, or prescribing of medicine for any disease.
Sugar, Caffeine, Artificial Flavours, Food Colouring, or Preservatives