- Is theherbdepot.ca website secure?
Yes. All certifications, SSL certification with security protocol encryption, and security standards are secure and up-to-date. Our website is Shopify secured and is certified Level 1 PCI DSS in all six categories.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept all forms of payments which include Visa debit, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Paypal
- Do I have to have a Paypal account to make an order?
No, you can checkout using Guest Checkout. Select “Pay by Debit or Credit Card” if you do not have a Paypal account or wish not to use your Paypal account
- Do I need an account to make an order with The Herb Depot?
No, we ask for your email in order to send you your receipt and shipping confirmation
- How do I use a coupon code?
At checkout on the right-hand side above the total price of your order, you can enter the coupon code
- Can I use more than one discount code?
Only one (1) discount/coupon code can be used per order. This includes practitioner's discount code, wholesale discount code, review discount code, smile loyalty rewards coupon code
- I would like to be educated with comprehensive information about traditional Chinese Medicine. Where can I access this literature?
Well researched and trusted source: http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/front/index.html or click here
- How long do I need to take my pills or teas?
The duration varies depending on the concern. Chronic or more serious concerns such as blood sugar management, hypertension, arthritis, hair growth, or weight management, may take some months to see results, while concerns like a cold or fever can be resolved with Chinese medicine quickly and take effect within hours
- Do these pills or teas have any side effects?
Unless you are allergic to a certain herb, there generally are no side effects. Consult with a TCM practitioner and follow the directions for best results
- Can Chinese medicine be used alongside my prescription drugs/supplements?
In general, Chinese medicine is not tested for interaction with prescription drugs on the market. Considering the variety of prescription drugs, such tests are not feasible. We do not have any report of interactions as well. If this is a concern, you may consider taking them at different times (2-4 hours between) or consult with your health care provider
- Why teas and not powders?
It was a deliberate choice to create teas for two reasons. The first being that we believe that cooking/steeping the herbs brings out more potent medicinal qualities rather than simply ingesting powdered herbs. Secondly, for us it was important to stick to the tradition of cooking/steeping the herbs in hot water
- How do you cook herbal tea?
Please refer to our guide by clicking here
- Why is Black Tea/Green Tea listed on the label packaging and listed as an ingredient with functional herbal teas?
For importing purposes, black tea/green tea is listed as the imported tea.
Please be assured that there is no black tea/green tea in any of our functional herbal teas
- Do you prescribe herbal tea formulas?
No, we only fulfill herbal prescriptions. You can send us your prescription via email: email@example.com. We can then send you a direct link to purchase with the price per packet. You can choose to pickup in store, or we can deliver to you. Shipping options will be shown at checkout
- My practitioner has prescribed jujube for me and has not specified whether it is black jujube or red jujube, what will you fulfill with?
We will automatically fulfill with black jujube. Should you prefer red jujube for your formula, please request this specifically with your practitioner to be written on your herbal prescription. As herbal prescriptions are final sale; we are not held accountable for the partial/full refund of your order should you request the change in your herb choice (i.e. red/black jujube). You can place another order with us to purchase the herb
- What is in your newsletter and communications?
We send out subscriber specials such as discounts on certain products, links to our blog posts, and all other special collections to those exclusive to our mailing list
- Do you offer gift cards?
Where is your store located?
We have one location in downtown, Toronto. Our address is: 407-409 Dundas St. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1G6
- What shipping method do you use?
We ship our packages via Canada Post, as well as local deliveries via Flashbox
- Where do you ship to?
We ship worldwide!
- What shipping options are available for International/U.S. shipping?
International shipping options: Tracked Packet International, Xpresspost International (includes full tracking and delivery confirmation)
U.S. shipping options: Tracked Packet USA, Expedited Parcel USA, Xpresspost USA (includes full tracking and delivery confirmation)
For more details: click here
- What is your return policy?
We accept returns of unopened and unused items (in saleable condition) within 30 days from the original date of purchase. Custom herbal formulas/prescriptions are final sale. For return shipping details, click here
- How do I make a return request?
If you would like to make a return request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number as stated in your order confirmation email and the item(s) that you would like to return. We will reach out within 1-2 business days with the following steps